Because I have been behind on my blogging, I wanted to do an update on each of the kids, so here is goes for my Girlie!!!
Payton is now 2 1/2 and becoming such a little girl. She has grown up so much this summer, it seems. She is my little "mini-me" as most people say she looks JUST like me, just with her Daddy's hair! She has big brown eyes and strawberry blonde hair that is getting quite long. She usually has her hair up in pigtails or a pony tail. She is wearing size 3-4T and is SO tall for her age! She is my sweetheart and definitely makes me laugh! I can't get enough of her! And as I type, she is snuggling up next to me, watching Curious George! :) I love the times that she decides to slow down a bit and still snuggle with her mommy!
One of the biggest things for Payton lately is that she is potty training. She is doing a good job, overall, although we still have our moments. I didn't enjoy cleaning poo out of her princess panties this morning, but we are getting there! :) She has done surprisingly well. She gets VERY excited to get a treat when she goes on the potty (a few M&M's) and coins for her "Feed My Starving Children" container. This is money that is going to help Kids in Africa eat meals that they normally don't get! It makes my heart smile to know that my little girl has now fed well over 120 kids by just going potty and helping around the house! And she gets SO excited to dump them in the "BIG BOWL" at church each week. I gotta admit, I was worried for the first time when we went to dump them in because I thought she would probably want to fish the quarters back out, but instead she was happy to add them, and we took the container home for yet another week of collecting! So proud of her!
My little girl is growing up so fast and getting such a little personality. Like any kid, she has her "Stinker" moments, and other moments of being a little Angel. But, overall, she is a good girl who LOVES to be mommy's big helper. Her speech has grown SO MUCH over the last few months, and we are amazed at the things she says! I feel like we went from a few words to a full vocabulary overnight, but I love it! She LOVES to dance, and goes crazy when we put on music. She enjoys watching different shows on TV, although is starting to enjoy just music a little more! She is VERY into helping mommy in the kitchen and LOVES to make cookies with me. "Mommy, I help!" She loves being outdoors, running, playing, swinging, attempting to ride her bike, and taking walks. She is still my little eater, not too picky, but at times not eating a whole lot. Some of her favorite foods include fruits, veggies, chicken, and pizza. She is VERY into her baby doll, making sure to take care of her, put her down for naps, attempting to feed her, changing her diapers, taking her potty (HA!), and kissing her boo boo's. She is a little mother hen! She loves her "Bubby" and gets so excited when he wakes up from naps to play with her. She is pretty good with him, until he has a toy she wants, and then the "stinker" comes out in her. We are working on this....daily! She is getting more and more into coloring and "drawing" and she loves to have mommy write her name. She will sing her ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, and I Like the Bible. She ADORES her daddy, and gets SO excited when he comes home from school! She is getting more and more into books, and I love when she crawls up in my lap with a book and wants to read. Bedtime routine has gotten longer, and instead of just praying and singing Jesus Loves Me, we have now added reading a book to the line-up. I don't mind at all, and it actually is time I welcome with my little girl! Her favorite book with Mommy right now is "Guess How Much I Love You." I love you "THIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSS MUCH!" However, even with a FULL nighttime routine, we are really struggling with Payton not wanting to sleep in her own bed. She has NEVER been a great sleeper, even as a baby, but now she says she is "scared" in her bed. She will even fall asleep at the top of the stairs (crawls out of her bed and lays on the floor) instead of her bed, just so she can be closer to us. We then will carry her back to her bed, but most nights, she will come in and sleep on our floor. I was worried about this for a while, but after talking to multiple parents, this seems to be a normal 2 yr old thing, so I am just hoping it is a stage. I mean, I used to do the same thing, and even when I was much older, so I guess this is pay back :) I also think that it might be coming from the fact that she is DEATHLY afraid of rain/storms. We had some strong storms this summer, and I think she just worries about that. Poor girl! Although I don't want summer to go away, I could do without the Thunderstorms for a little while! :) She absolutely LOVES her Grammie, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Allison, as she seems them each on a weekly basis! She is also very much into her Uncle Sean and Aunt Jenny, as well as Uncle EJ and Aunt Tiff (and their little puppy Mundo!) She is doing MUCH better at church in her Sunday School Class, and the last few weeks we haven't had any tears and she LOVES her time!! She goes with me to "Bible Study" on Tuesday mornings and loves it! She is VERY into her new "school bag" that her Grammie gave her, putting it on and saying she is going to school now! ha! NO my little girl, mommy isn't ready for you to do that! She is also very much into clothes, and when I came home from a resale this last week, she got VERY excited for her new clothes and shoes! (Oh great, what am I doing to her!?!)
Bottom line, she is growing up so much and mommy gets sad sometimes to think of how fast these last 2 1/2 years have gone, but I wouldn't trade it for the world! She is my little girl, and will always be my baby! Payton, mommy loves you more than you could EVER know!!!!!!!! You will forever be mommy's baby girl and I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!! Love you Sweet P!


No comments:
Post a Comment